- State of Florida
- United State District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Nursing Home Litigation
- General Litigation
- Slip & Fall
- University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Florida A&M University, B.S.N.- Nursing (Magna Cum Laude)
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Tallahassee Barrister’s Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Capital City Justice Association, President (2019)
- Leadership Tallahassee Class 38
- Leon County Sickle Cell Foundation, Board Member
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Former Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Commission, Board Commissioner
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court
Barbara J. Walker is the Founding Partner of The Walker Firm, PLLC. As an attorney and registered nurse, Ms. Walker combines both her legal education and background in nursing in her representation and advocacy of her clients.
Ms. Walker provides zealous representation for clients and their families who are injured and/or neglected resulting in physical harm and/or wrongful death. Her commitment to the practice of law is exemplified in her advocacy for justice, and her demonstration of genuine interest in the process of litigation, the interpretation of the law, and most importantly, her commitment to the clients she serves.
Ms. Walker is dedicated to making a difference in her practice and the community. Her compassion for her clients and her passion for her career are evident through her fearless and tenacious efforts to obtain recovery on behalf of her clients and their families.
As an associate with the Law Office of Parks & Crump, LLC, she negotiated settlements in excess of one million dollars, and attained successful trial verdicts for her clients.
In 2013, Ms. Walker was recognized as “The Nation’s Best Advocate” by the National Bar Association and IMPACT at its National Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 awards ceremonies.
Ms. Walker received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida’s Levin College of Law, and her undergraduate degree in Nursing with Honors from the Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University (FAMU).
Prior to the practice of law, Ms. Walker worked as a registered nurse, where she also gained invaluable experience and qualifications that equip her with unique knowledge on the standards of care and aids her in the litigation of complex medical malpractice and nursing home cases.
To better serve her clients Ms. Walker maintains her RN licensure, and stays update with the latest changes in the field of nursing.
I became a Nurse because I wanted to help people…I became a Lawyer because I wanted to help people…Let me help you during your difficult time!